In the vein of a few of my favorite sites (Gender Across Borders & Go Fug Yourself to name just two) I’ve decided to do a Friday link round up where I’ll share links to things I’ve been into the past week. I doubt there will be any sense of semblance or theme, but hopefully you’ll find something new and fun.
* Word clouds are awesome. Ones about the heavily gendered toy market are awesomely frightening, though sadly, not surprising.
* “Spring is finally here” is reason enough for me to attempt this cake in a jar recipe ASAP. Yes. You heard me right. Cake.In.A.Jar. But since I’m not a fan of food dye, I’m crossing fingers and toes that my local food coop will have a suitable substitute.
* My friend Char started a new blog. She’s a bi-coastal gal that’s also a pop culture addict. Check out her snarky, yet funny observations at Char In Charge.
* With all the ridiculous hullabaloo re:President Obama’s birth certificate, I am extremely thankful for the funny folks at The Onion for providing a much needed laugh.
* It’s no secret that I watch a lot of inane television. It doesn’t take much to get me hooked. However, I normally don’t go for those singing competitions. Yet, somehow I found myself really into The Voice. It’s refreshing to see a competition show that doesn’t allow people to make fools of themselves for entertainment’s sake, but rather celebrates and encourages talent in a unique way. While I don’t see myself watching this on the reg, I definitely will pop over to their site to view some vids.
* Oh, right…there’s a wedding today, no? While I might not have been up at 6AM to watch the wedding live, you can be certain I’ll be checking in periodically to my fashion blog of choice, Tom & Lorenzo, where my two favorite queens will be dishing on the fashion and frivolity of the royal wedding!
* Song that’s singing to me this week: The Decemberists – “June Hymn”
Do you have some link love to share? Leave it in the comments below, please!